This didactic procedure concerns a 58 years old man with a history of hypertension, severe COPD and marfanoid syndrome. The patient had a symptomatic aneurysmal evolution of thoracoabdominal aortic dissection treated 4 years earlier with an open-air surgery (59mm). Decision was made to treat the patient by endovascular technique.
1.Suckow BD, Goodney PP, Columbo JA, Kang R, Stone DH, Sedrakyan A, et al. National trends in open surgical, endovascular, and branched-fenestrated endovascular aortic aneurysm repair in Medicare patients. J Vasc Surg. juin 2018;67(6):1690-1697.e1.
2. D’Oria M, Oderich GS, Tenorio ER, Kärkkäinen JM, Mendes BC, Macedo TA, et al. Natural history of isolated type II endoleaks in patients treated by fenestrated-branched endovascular repair for pararenal and thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysms. J Vasc Surg. juill 2020;72(1):44‑54.
3. Petit P, Hertault A, Mesnard T, Bianchini A, Lopez B, Patterson BO, et al. Outcomes of Preventive Embolization of the Inferior Mesenteric Artery during Endovascular Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair. J Vasc Interv Radiol. sept 2021;32(9):1360-1370.e2.
4. Spanos K, Kölbel T, Kubitz JC, Wipper S, Konstantinou N, Heidemann F, et al. Risk of spinal cord ischemia after fenestrated or branched endovascular repair of complex aortic aneurysms. J Vasc Surg. févr 2019;69(2):357‑66.
5. Varkevisser RRB, O’Donnell TFX, Swerdlow NJ, Liang P, Li C, Ultee KHJ, et al. Fenestrated endovascular aneurysm repair is associated with lower perioperative morbidity and mortality compared with open repair for complex abdominal aortic aneurysms. J Vasc Surg. juin 2019;69(6):1670‑8.
6. Schanzer A, Beck AW, Eagleton M, Farber MA, Oderich G, Schneider D, et al. Results of fenestrated and branched endovascular aortic aneurysm repair after failed infrarenal endovascular aortic aneurysm repair. J Vasc Surg. sept 2020;72(3):849‑58
7. Michel M, Becquemin J-P, Marzelle J, Quelen C, Durand-Zaleski I. Editor’s Choice – A Study of the Cost-effectiveness of Fenestrated/branched EVAR Compared with Open Surgery for Patients with Complex Aortic Aneurysms at 2 Years. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. juill 2018;56(1):15‑21.
8. Jones DW, Stangenberg L, Swerdlow NJ, Alef M, Lo R, Shuja F, et al. Image Fusion and 3-Dimensional Roadmapping in Endovascular Surgery. Ann Vasc Surg. oct 2018;52:302‑11.
The case of the month is a new way for our users to watch, learn, and share with incathlab. They can watch a video that highlights an innovative case and uses excellent pedagogical techniques, lear...